Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt, plus 1/4 tsp
pepper to taste
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
6 slices American cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place them directly on oven rack. Bake until tender, 50-60 minutes.
2. While potatoes are baking, heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cool until slightly translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the beef, stirring to break it up, and cook about 5 minutes, until browned.
3. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, tomtato paste, parmesan cheese 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
4. Remove potatoes from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving some behind to keep the shells intact. Mash potatoes lightly with a fork, then mix in the butter, yogurt, and 1/4 tsp salt. set aside.
5. Fill each potato shell with about 2 tbsp of the cooked hamburger mixture, then top with about 3 tbsp of the potato mixture, mounding slightly. Top with a slice of American cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 413 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated), 708 mg sodium, 57 mg cholesterol
submitted by Kari Merks, originially found in Parenting magazine
I'm Bringing the Potluck back! Yeah!
6 years ago